Whenever I meet new people and they ask me what I do, when they hear I am a Dietician, I almost always get questions about what foods we should or should not be eating. There are so many myths about certain foods that come from untrusted sources.
ADSA Spokesperson and Registered Dietician, Kenzie Kent explains 10 nutritional myths that most people believe and the truth behind them:
- Can acidic food or drinks alter the body’s pH balance?
- Diet pills… are they the answer?
- Lemon juice, vinegar and hot water in the morning helps to lose weight.
- Energy bars and protein bars are good for weight loss.
- Carbohydrates after 6pm causes fat storage.
- Healthy food is expensive.
- Carbohydrates make you fat.
- Skinny and detox teas assist with weight loss.
- The human body doesn’t digest gluten.
- Skipping meals may increase the rate of weight loss.
Follow the link below to get the answers!