4 chicken fillets, de-boned and de-skinned
Green / red pepper chunks
1 Skewer per person
1 onion, peeled and grated
250 ml fat free plain yoghurt
5 ml turmeric
5 ml paprika
5 ml Masala
2 ml Ground coriander
2 ml Ground ginger
10 ml lemon juice
1 clove garlic, chopped / 5 ml dried garlic flakes
1 ml salt
5 ml sugar (when making large batch to serve everyone, use 1 ml sugar / fillet used)
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for several hours. This will prevent them from burning when the kebabs are gilled in the oven / braai.
- Prick the chicken meat well all over, cut into cubes and place in a shallow dish
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a jug and pour over the chicken.
- Store, covered with plastic wrap or a lid, in the refridgerator for 3 hours or over-night, stirring occationally.
- Drain the chicken and reserve the marinade.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers, alternating with the peppers and place in a roasting pan.
- Roast in a hot oven, until tender and well – browned or braai, turning every 2-3 minutes and basting occationally with the reserved marinade.
- Serve with rice, vegetables and salad / sambals.
VARIATION: Instead of the kebabs, you may roast the chicken fillets whole, in a roasting pan, in the tandoori mixture. Roast in the oven for 1 hour at 180°C, turning often