Now this recipe makes fish super exciting. It’s exotic, delicious, nutritious and best of all it’s so easy to prepare!
1.2kg white fish (hake / kingklip / dorado / cuda)
Fresh basil leaves
4 tbsp fish sauce
4 tbsp fresh lime/lemon juice
2 tsp brown sugar
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 cm piece of ginger, peeled and cut into matchstick – sized pieces
2 cups fresh coriander, chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
10cm cucumber, cut into thin matchsticks
2 carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
1 red / yellow pepper cut into thin slices
4 cups steamed jasmine / basmati rice
- Preheat the oven to 200°
- Score the fish on both sides and place a few basil leaves in the cuts.
- Loosely wrap the fish in foil, seal the edges but leave enough room for the air to circulate while the fish cooks. Place the fish on a baking tray and cook for about 20-30mins.
- For the sauce, place the rest of the ingredients into a saucepan. Bring to the boil and immediately remove from the heat. Adjust seasoning.
- Transfer the fish to a plate and pour over the vegetable dressing while still hot.
- Serve with steamed jasmine or basmati rice.